Springtime Smiles

20 March 2016


 
Happy first day of Spring!
 
I pulled out this rubber cling stamp by Obsession Impression that was stored in a bin of older mildly used stamps. It's practically new since I only used it once about six years ago. It's called Thistle Garden and I'm not even sure they carry it anymore.
 
My background was smooshed onto a large die cut Rectangle Stitched Wonky Die by MFT with Salty Ocean distress ink . Image was colored with my Zig Real Brush Markers. The birds were originally colored gray and I did not like it. Instead of redoing the card I stamped another image, colored the birds blue, fussy cut them out and adhered them over the dull gray ones. I'm pleased with the way it turned out.
 
The sentiment is from the set Spring Hills by Papertrey Ink.
.
Thanks for visiting!
Rema



 
 
-CHALLENGES-
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


13 comments

  1. This is so beautiful, Rema! I love the image (you must start using it more often!) and your colouring is gorgeous and set off so well by the smooshed background. Fab card from you as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful it would be to have such a flower garden outside my window, Rema! Instead, today, there is snow coming down. That said, I love the happy Spring colors in your card. Elegant simplicity, I say, and a perfect card for the LIM challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very pretty card Rema. Generally we do like to see a bit more white space on cards for them to be considered for the showCASe that we do. But it still brought a smile to my face. Do join us again next week at Less is More.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rema, I'm speechless (which doesn't happen often). This is a spectacular card! I love the colours, especially the birds and the stamps and design are such a perfect CASE of Marjan's card. Its gorgeous and I'm over the moon you joined us at TIME OUT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sinply wonderful. Such a beautiful springtime scene. Love that the birds are popped up--a happy result of your decision to change up their color. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely springtime scene, Rema - love the fresh colours and wonky stitch die! Thanks for playing along with us at Less Is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That water color is SO SO So pretty, Rema!Love the birds and flowers,too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That water color is SO SO So pretty, Rema!Love the birds and flowers,too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a pretty and cheerful card! The birds stand out so beautifully. It definitely puts me in the mood for spring! Lou x (Guest designer at LIM)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty card Karen, fab colouring of your stamp!
    Thanks so much for sharing.
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fab card! I love the stitched border and the water color bg, very artsy and cute card!Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's taken me a while to get around to seeing what's outside your window!
    This is so pretty Rema, I love the delicate nature of this one!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete