Happy Birthday

02 March 2016




Good morning! Today I made a card featuring the newly released Peonies On Parade by Papertrey Ink. I Love this set. Peonies also happen to be one of my favorite flowers so needless to say I had to have it.
 
I created this card using Betsy's Ombre Stenciled Backgrounds Technique  over at PTI's MIM Challenge where she is hosting this week. I used the Chevron Pattern Stencil by Simon Says Stamp and distress inks for my background. A die cut and stamped sprig was also added to the bouquet which sits in the quart jar also by PTI. The sentiment is a die cut by Cas-ual Fridays that was included in the latest SOA Collection by Catherine Pooler called Young At Heart. I added Wink of Stella and several white dots to the petals as a finishing touch. 
 
Hoping you all have a wonderful day!
 Rema










-Challenges-
 
 NBUS Challenge #6
Using the NBUS Peonies On Parade and The Jar stamp by PTI



FM243 Happy Birthday



 

16 comments

  1. LOVE your stenciled background Rema! Your blending is flawless, and a perfect backdrop for those beautiful Peonies! Really like that clear quart jar too...for some reason I thought it was going to be smaller, so didn't order it...think I need to add it to my shopping cart! But anyway, lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blending is super and love the sparkle on the flowers. The jar out of acetate is so real. Makes your card even better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Your acetate jar really looks terrific over your ombré background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out SOOOooooo pretty!! I'm with Marcia - your blending is flawless!!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Talk about a perfect bg! Rema, this is amazing! Total love for the whole card, and wish I had some kind of award for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely, beYOUtifully blended background. Thanks so much for joining us at the Friday Mashup! ~amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, fun ombre! I love it!! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is gorgeous! What a fabulous take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The background is so pretty, Rema! Love the Peonies in a mason jar~sweet design :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this Rema! The color blending and stenciling is fabulous for this mason jar filled with flowers. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes, all I can think to say is WOW because my mouth is hanging open in awe and wonder! The coloring on this is incredible, Rema! Just stunning!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #6! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there, Rema. Gosh! Was a fabulous background you created! Wow! You`re more patient (or more skilled :-)) than I. Pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous ink blending with that stencil. Your "jar" of flowers with the dots and WOS really glistens. Love those peonies!

    ReplyDelete