You've Been On My Mind



TGIF everyone! I'm playing along today at Papertrey's MIM Challenge over at Nichole's blog. Lexi is the host this week and she has a very interesting technique on water color resist. Now I have to be honest, I wasn't too sure about this technique at first but after a few tries I'm going to say it's one of my favorites.
 
I was getting a bit frustrated at first because I was not getting the results I hoped for. This is what I learned. Don't put the rubber cement applicator directly on the paper and apply. Keep it a couple of inches above your paper and let it drizzle down in slow swirling motions. It may run down the applicator thick and if it does swirl faster. Once I tried this way I was much happier with the results. Also I have to mention that I applied the rubber cement first before applying water colors. That way I only wet my paper twice and it didn't warp as bad. I also like that white showing through.
 


After my panel dried (I let it dry naturally, no heat gun which also would have warped my panel more) I adhered it to my card base and added the large What the Doodle butterfly cut from it's coordinating die and stamped a sentiment from Friendly Flowers. I used Peerless Water Colors ( a shade of red and pink).


 
Thanks for stopping by today!
 
I also linked my card to the following challenges:
 

 
 
 
 



 
 


Post a Comment